TV and online shows are excellent entertainment options which people use widely. Digital video recorders (DVRs) makes it, even more, fun and convenient as they let you record your favorite programs so that you can watch them whenever you want to. You can go for a dvr recorder without subscription fee if you wish to save some extra money. Many service providers are available and choosing the best one is not that simple. Here are some tips to help you with the task.
Quality of the videos are important
According to techworld.com, the most important feature of any technical gadget is its quality. When it comes to DVRs, video quality is the prime concern. Quality-less videos would not let you enjoy programs with the full vibe. So before choosing a product, check for the quality descriptions mentioned on the packages.
The more the recording space is, the better
The available disc space is the deciding factor when it comes to how much videos you can record. So make it a point to check for the storage capacity of the device. Some DVRs let you preview programs so that you can schedule the recording.
The cost of DVRs varies based on the number of features they possess. Some allow easy up gradation and hence comes at a higher price. Certain cheap varieties have got restrictions on up gradation which leaves you with no other option than buying a new set.
Commonly used subscription-free DVRs
· Tivo Roamio OTA HD DVR- This is the best DVR option for TVs using antennae. Tivo Roamio works best with digital HD antennae. Four programs can be recorded simultaneously. It allows a total recording of 72 HD hours. Shows telecasted by networks such as ABC, CBS, FOX, Univision, etc. and streaming services provided by Amazon plus, Netflix, Hulu Plus, VuDu etc. can be viewed and enjoyed. There is a 14-day program preview available using which you can schedule recording thereby ensuring that you never miss your favorite show.
· Tablo DVR- Tablo DVR uses digital TV antenna for streaming live broadcast. You can pause and watch the shows which you want. Six programs can be watched and four programs can be recorded simultaneously. This DVR allows you to skip the annoying commercials in between the shows.
· Magnavox MDR557H/F7 1terabyte HD DVR- This DVR possesses a huge memory of 1 TB HDD which allows 1252 hours of recording. The quality of video is good and up to the standards
· Channel Master DVR+ Bundle- Watching and recording in pure compressed HD is an attractive feature of this device. The recording is possible on disc and on HDD.
· Hulu+ (Hulu Plus) – All the major network shows are available via Hulu. You can enjoy streaming and watching your favorite programs. Movie choices are also added to the TV service to enrich the user experience and to provide them with more value for money. The drawback of Hulu+ is too many commercials.
Keep the above-listed points in mind while shopping for a DVR. Do some market research on your own and choose the best one!